Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eyes Wide Open


Have you ever taken one of those psychology stress tests? The ones where they list all those possible life changing events and then you check off the ones you've experienced in the past year? Part of me wants to take one just to see what it says, but the other part of me is terrified to see the results. In the past 6 1/2 months I have gone through a wedding, a move, quit a job, started a new job, quit that job and am back on the job search again. And those are just some of the highlights!

Everything seemed to fall into place when it came to our move to Wisconsin. We couldn't believe how everything worked out. It was such a blessing to be able to find a job so quickly, but unfortunately that situation took a turn for the worst. Without going into so many details, I would summarize my old work place as an unstable situation and negative environment. Between a cook that liked to scream and cuss his co-workers out and a manger that preferred to speak crassly to his female employees, it was hard to find anything good about working there (besides the paycheck of course!). I attempted to work things out by speaking with the GM and hr lady, but when they spoke with the manager he denied my accusations and even made up reasons for why I would be "mad" at him and try to wreck his career. It's one thing to be disrespectful in how you treat me but it was really hurtful when he couldn't even admit his actions. Jason and I are both glad that I am out of that place and it definitely relieved a lot of stress from our lives.

But...that does mean I'm back on the job search! It is a tedious way to spend my day, but I am confident that God has something good for me. I don't understand why I went through what I did at my previous job, but I'm glad that I didn't experience anything worse and that I had the opportunity to stand up for Truth. I eagerly anticipate what God has in store for us next and we are waiting, with eyes wide open, for what He will bring us.


No comments:

Post a Comment