Thursday, May 13, 2010

So. Tired.

I can't remember the last time I had to get up early on a consistent basis. It's only been two years since I was in college but even back then my earliest class was at 8 AM and I either (a.) went straight out of bed in my comfies or (b.) just stayed up the whole night to avoid that whole alarm ordeal. :) My nanny job straight out of college came with the phenomenal hours of 11-7 Monday through Friday. Beautiful.

This week is the first of my new job and I start either at 8 or 8:30 AM every day and I do have about a 20 minute commute. I realize that this is not early for most of the world but it is for me! I feel more jet lagged then I did when I was in Africa. It's definitely going to take a little getting used to for this night owl.

Have I shared how much this job is a blessing? It's hard work taking care of a two year old but I get good pay, plus free gym equipment. Plus free laundry. Plus free lunches and at least one dinner a week for Jason and I. And here's the kicker: I actually feel like I'm making a difference. I'm working with a family that has some complications and has been through some tough times...haven't we all though? My boss told me the other night that she just felt like I came into her life at the perfect time and that I've brought so much peace to her and their family. That my friend, is called God's sovereign timing. I'm excited to see where this job will go and how I will be used in my position.

No comments:

Post a Comment