Friday, July 2, 2010

I love Fridays at work. Thursdays are by far my busiest day as I have the seven year old as well as the two year old. I've learned that everything takes a little bit longer with a two year old but throw a seven year old in the mix and things get interesting. :) I can appease Cambrya (2) with just about anything, but when it comes to Serena (7) I need to pull out all my nanny tricks including a consistently positive attitude, bracelet making skills, baking projects and more patience then I knew I had. I'm not going to lie, there are times when I feel like banging my head into the wall, but I try to remind myself that there's nothing wrong with becoming a more patient and joyful person no matter the circumstances.

But back to Fridays. :) It's almost like a recovery day. We take things much slower and I can spend quality time with Cam doing art projects and going on walks. I also can get all the loose ends of the week tied up for my boss and feel good when I get off work knowing that their house is clean and in order. It's a good feeling knowing that you're making a difference in someone's life.

Jason and I are off to Door County for the weekend as soon as I get off work. So excited! I've spent the Fourth of July in Milwaukee and Minneapolis before but Door County is by far my favorite place to be. We have a lot of things planned but hopefully we'll find some time to relax, preferably by a pool or at the beach!

Happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment