Sunday, August 22, 2010

So Thankful..


So thankful...for a husband that I can tell all my deepest secrets and concerns to. He's someone that not only knows good things about me, but he's someone I can confess my struggles to. Yesterday I wrote my post while Jason was at work and when he came home I told him through tears the concerns of my heart. He is such a good listener and never makes me feel like my thoughts are trivial. In fact, sometimes I think he thinks my opinions are more important then I even do.

He didn't just listen though (which would have been enough) but he helped me see things from a different perspective and shared
wisdom with me about forgiveness and ideas about how I could make things better. How I could be a better person. Now that's a good man.

Last night we went out for Mexican food in what we thought was a popular restaurant but ended up having the entire place to ourselves! I'm not sure how we even got on the topic of our wedding but we were laughing till we cried about some of our favorite memories. One of the things I told him was how before we were married, I never had any second thoughts but I just always hoped that I was really making the right decision. Relationships are risky, they should be a calculated risk, but are still risky nonetheless. One thing that I have gone back to again and again in our marriage is how
blessed I am that I married Jason. I've made such terrible relationship choices in the past that I can't even fully express how thankful I am that (a) I found Jason and (b) he wanted to marry me! His presence in my life is a continual expression of God's grace in my life.

I am the luckiest girl in the world. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment