Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, fun day!

I love Mondays.

It seems like when I go on facebook on Mondays, all I see are statuses complaining about what day of the week it is. But I love them. For those that don't know, one of the perks of my nanny job is that I work a little bit longer days Tuesday-Friday and have a long weekend every weekend. This allows me to spend the day preparing our household for the week (i.e. doing a deep cleaning, baking bread, shopping for groceries, etc.) but also to relax and spend some time doing things I don't otherwise get to do. My weekly pilates class has been kicking my butt so I did some this morning and also got to go on a nice long walk with Bailey this afternoon. Mostly it's just nice to clear my head and prepare for the week to come.

One of the things I was thinking about this afternoon is things I want to get done before Christmas. I really want to get all our wedding pictures printed out, get a shutterfly book made and get some in albums. I mean, we've been married a year and still haven't gotten our pictures together. Is that bad? Not, too mention I have a few frames hung that still have the pictures they came with inside. Whoops. Good thing is people still give us compliments on the pictures! Ha! :) So pictures definitely top the list. As well as doing a little redecorating in our apartment. There's nothing technically wrong with our decorations...but it's a little boring and not too personal. I'm going to start scouting out our local thrift stores and craigslist so hopefully I can find some deals too!

I had such a great weekend with Jason. One of my favorite things about him is that we can have fun doing the most simple things. It comes in handy when you're on a tight budget, but it also means that we always have fun no matter what we do. Saturday night we ended up in Applebees for some late night food and had the best conversations about how far we've come and more importantly, where we want to go together. It's funny but the things about my future that used to scare me so much seem to shrink when I'm holding his hand. I feel so blessed to have him as my partner for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment