Friday, October 8, 2010

You get what you pray for

Isn't this how it always goes: you gear yourself up for a tough week, ready to meet whatever challenges arise and your week rises right back up and smacks you right in the face?! This week has been a week. I wish I could say I handled it perfectly with grace an expertise. But...I'll be the first to confess I didn't handle things perfectly. I let little things get to me, my temper flare and I brought my work home and let it effect my home life. Thanks goodness that when I fall short, Someone is right there to reach out and meet me where I need it most.

This job has been such a learning process. I've never worked at a place where I felt so burdened, not only by the tasks I need to complete but also by the issues that are so evident. I'm in the midst of a broken family, but how do you complete the puzzle when the biggest pieces are missing? Sometimes it just feels so hopeless. I'm just one person here, what can I really do? What kind of difference can I truly make? I'm so grateful for the people in my life who encourage me and speak truth to me; those who remind me that I'm here for a reason. I'm going to go ahead and chalk this week up as a learning experience. It wasn't quite a "win" week but it most definitely wasn't a loss.

On a better note, I am SO excited that the weekend is slowly creeping it's way here! I covet the time I get to spend with Jason. He works so early all week, so I know how he enjoys sleeping in on the weekends. Too bad just the thought of spending my day with Jason wakes me up waaay too early every time...it's like a mini Christmas morning every weekend!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can I relate to this. THe last couple weeks have been so stressful and I am begging God to just keep me focused on truth, and then to LIVE it! God is always faithful though the stresses do not abate and sometimes just change from one sort to another. If I did not know He was Sovereign I would check out, as so many do. Thank you for being a faithful woman of God, you are a light and glorifying God in so many place. GREAT SONG! I think of Psalm 19 every time I hear this, The heavens declare the glory of God! --- He speaks to me with the sky, the clouds, the sunrises and sunsets and the beautiful constellations! Love You

    ReplyDelete