Friday, October 29, 2010

It's funny how things can change so quickly in a week! This one honestly started a bit rough. I'm getting over a cold, Jason is starting two classes and that's on top of an already busy schedule. I didn't even want to write in here earlier in the week because honestly, I was having a hard time having a good attitude and I want this blog to be encouraging, not a downer!

We had small group on Thursday which was really encouraging and a fun time. We're studying a book that I'm not a huge fan of...actually, I really don't like it. BUT it does spark a lot of conversation and it sends me back to the Bible to double check verses, so I guess it's not completely bad. haha :) The best part of small groups is when we break down girls with girls and guys with guys and do accountability. I've honestly never been involved with genuine accountability and it's a little scary but I really feel like it's the Body of Christ in action. I feel so blessed to have these women in my life too. Although I'm just starting to get to know them I can already see in them a difference and a uniqueness. I've had so many friends that claimed Christianity but lived very different from what the Bible says. Now let me say boldly and clearly that I am in NO way the perfect Christian girl! I struggle with things just as much as anyone else. But I've begun to thirst for a genuineness in people and Christian authenticity and it's hard to find. Even in the Church. I think God has led me to people that aren't perfect, don't have it all together but that desire to obey and love God with their lives. I'm so grateful for each one of them and I can't wait to get to know them better!

Yesterday morning I was doing my devos before work and it closed with this passage of Scripture:

" But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Christ would suffer. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."
Acts 3:18-19

When I read these verses the morning after a time of great accountability and vulnerability, I found myself going "Yes! That's exactly how I feel." Refreshed. It felt so incredibly good to get things off my chest and confess what I was struggling with and then look around and see that I'm not alone.

This week I had victory in an area of my life. Where negative attitude and bitter spirits sought to root themselves in me, God wiped them away and replaced them with peace and joy. I'm learning the benefit of dealing with things quickly, as soon as I notice them. I confessed what I was dealing with and then turned to God, the perfecter of my faith and He supplied everything I needed to deal with these issues. He is faithful, He is good and He cares about the little things.

Feeling so refreshed today...and wishing the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment