Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dinner at the Whittingtons.

I know that a lot of women plan meals for weeks or even months in advance. Well, I'm not one of those women but I do plan for one week at a time (you gotta start somewhere, right?). I like to divide our meals up as either big or small meals. I'm not serving more or less foods different nights, I divide them up by how much time they take to make. Maybe it would make more sense to call them long or short meals but I feel weird calling it them short meals...ANYWAYS.....I call them big or small and that's that. :) I try to do at least 2-3 bigger meals and then smaller ones on the night we have something right after work and just need something to grab and go. 


This is my plan for this week:


Monday: I don't work on Mondays so I've affectionately named them my wife days, since all  have to do are tasks that revolve around me taking care of my husband and home. Since I'm home all day I definitely do a big meal. Jason's been reminding me for about a month about "that one time I made stuffed shells" and so I'm giving in and making them again. Since these are already high in fat and calories, I served them with organic greens and spinach lightly tossed in red wine vinegar to bring something healthy to the meal. 


Tuesday: We don't have plans this Tuesday so I'll have time to do a bigger meal. I'm planning on making chicken picatta which I'm really  good at ordering in a restaurant but have never actually made! I'm really excited to try it. I'll be serving this with a salad again and some fresh fruit.


Wednesday: I cook dinner on Wednesdays for the family I nanny for and I usually bring some of it home with me for Jason and I to eat. We also have dog training right after work so it's a quick night anyways. 


Thursday: We have a young adult thing at Church that night but I'm still going to try and whip something up before we go. These Carne Asadas  look insane and I cannot wait to try this recipe out! 


Friday: I work late some Fridays so these are the nights we tend to grab fast food or put in a pizza. Not always the healthiest, but it's ok to do every once in a while! :)


How bout you, readers? What are some of the recipes you've made lately or are planning on making? 

No comments:

Post a Comment